Published April 2017
Planning a stag or hen weekend but can’t decide where to go? We think Chester is the perfect location for a trip away with friends before the big day. So why not try your hand at clay pigeon shooting or book an afternoon at the races before heading out into the city centre to experience the buzzing nightlife Chester has to offer.
1) Chester Races – Celebrate your stag or hen party in style with an afternoon at the racecourse in Chester. Enjoy some drinks with your friends and soak in the atmosphere as you cheer your horse on. Whether you bet on the favourite or try your luck on a wildcard, the Chester Races is a great day out. The racing calendar takes place between May and September. Seasonal highlights include the prestigious three-day May Festival, City Day in July and the Season Finale in September.
2) Nightlife – Chester is the perfect place for a stag or hen night out with a variety of cocktail bars, clubs and pubs nestled in and around the historic city. If you’re looking for cocktails we recommend Bar Lounge, Kuckoo or Fiesta Havana. For those who prefer real ales, there are a number of traditional pubs by the River Dee. Chester's most popular nightclubs; Cruise, Revolution and Rosie’s, all have life music and DJs until the early hours and are the perfect place to end the night.
3) Great Activities – Fancy an afternoon of country sports? Our activity venue, Tile Farm, is just 5 minutes from Chester. Here we can offer Clay Pigeon Shooting and off-road Quad Trekking. Clay shooting is hugely popular with stag and hen parties particularly those looking for a bit of friendly competition. The quad bike experience provides a bit of adventure taking you through woodlands, rivers and rough terrain. Not to be missed.
4) Hotel Choice – Chester boasts a wide variety of hotels, ranging from modest and affordable guesthouses to luxury 5-star spa hotels and grand country houses. Whether you want to be in the city centre or are happy to travel in from further afield, we are confident you’ll find the perfect property for your trip to Chester.
5) Eating Out – Whatever you fancy eating, Chester has a restaurant to suit you and your budget. Like most cities it has the usual chain restaurants on offer. However, there are a number of independent restaurants and venues offering something a bit different. So whether you want dinner in a cosy country pub or fancy international cuisine, afternoon tea or a Michelin-starred dish in an award-winning restaurant, Chester is the place for you.